An oral health ailment that can easily arise due to poor dental health habits is known as halitosis. Halitosis, more commonly known as bad breath, is often influenced by lifestyle habits, cleaning habits, and the types of food you eat. To help prevent halitosis from plaguing your smile, consider the following treatment methods:
– Use mouthwash that is specifically designed for killing bacteria and neutralizing acids linked to bad breath.
– Brush your teeth twice daily and don’t forget to floss between your teeth once every day as well. This helps remove bacteria known for causing bad breath.
– Remember to take care of your tongue when brushing and flossing. This includes cleaning your tongue with a toothbrush or tongue scraper to remove any bacteria, including spots that linger in the far back of your tongue.
– If you have dentures, take them out on a nightly basis to make sure they are clean.
– Always make sure you have a hefty supply of saliva in your mouth, which helps neutralize harmful acids and bacteria that may linger on your teeth and gums. In addition, your dentist may also recommend artificial saliva.
– Avoid unhealthy lifestyle habits such as smoking and chewing tobacco, as it contributes to health ailments including bad breath.
– Visit your dentist for routine checkups and professional cleaning whenever possible.
No matter which oral health care services you choose, the real importance is the oral health benefits they can provide. If you would like Dr. James Feldman and our team at Feldman Dentistry to bring you in for an oral exam to determine which treatment is best for you, please contact our dentist office in Washington, DC, by calling us at 202-362-8412. We look forward to helping you achieve the successful smile you desire.